Þórsmörk Nature Reserve
Explore the remote and otherworldly Þórsmörk in a Land Rover Defender (for up to 7 people) with other nature-lovers, where stunning green lush valleys are backed by active volcanoes and looming glaciers.
Activities on this tour:
- Explore Þórsmörk nature reserve hiking
- Stop at the Seljalandsfoss waterfall and walk behind it
- Enjoy the view to Eyjafjallajökull glacier
- Stop at the Gígjökull glacier lagoon before it disappears
Feast your eyes on the breathtaking scenery that Þórsmörk Natural Reserve has to offer. It has one of Iceland’s most dynamic and beautiful landscapes, where active volcanoes and towering glaciers rise above the lush green valleys below.
Spectacular Seljalandsfoss waterfall guards the rough gravel road to Þórsmörk. It tumbles over rocky scarp into a pool, leaving some room between the water and the wall, for the stirring walks behind the waterfall.
The relative inaccessibility is part of the region's charm. Sit back with your group in your 4x4 car and enjoy the stunning views around. Our cars have free wifi so you can share your experience with the people you know on social media. You have a chance to see famous Eyjafjallajökull that paralyzed air traffic in 2010. You can also drive to Gígjökull outlet glacier, strongly affected by 2010 eruption. Do not let your legs get numb though, and use each opportunity to stop by for a little hike (ex. to Stakkholtsgjá gorge) or photo shooting. Enjoy yourself in the otherworldly Þórsmörk Nature Reserve!
What's included in the Þórsmörk Nature Reserve tour?
Included in this tour
- Pickup & return from hotel in Reykjavík area
- Land Rover Defender with unlimited mileage & CDW insurance
- WiFi connectivity in the car
- Map of Iceland and detailed itinerary of your tour
- Pamphlet about driving in Iceland
- Optional meeting with travel consultant
- 24 hour emergency service
- Taxes & service fees
Not included in this tour
- Gasoline / Diesel
- Personal Travel Insurances
- Additional activities
- Meals or drinks
- Entrance fees unless otherwise stated
- Parking and road tunnel fees
- Any services not listed under list of included items
Explore the Þórsmörk Nature Reserve tour day-by-day
Reykjavík - Þórsmörk - Reykjavík
Your first destination of today is spectacular Seljalandsfoss waterfall. It tumbles over rocky scarp into a pool, leaving some room between the water and the wall, for the stirring walks behind the waterfall. Then you continue driving inland, along the rough gravel road. After rough bare land, you suddenly enter a green paradise of Þórsmörk Nature Reserve. It has one of Iceland’s most dynamic and beautiful landscapes, where active volcanoes and towering glaciers rise above the lush green valleys below. Feast your eyes on the breathtaking scenery and try out one of several hiking trails. You also have a chance to see an infamous Eyjafjallajökull that paralyzed air traffic in 2010, and affected by the eruption volcanic area of Gígjökull where its glacier lagoon was greatly diminished.
Driving distance is +- 290km.
Book the Þórsmörk Nature Reserve tour
1. Choose a departure date2. Book your day tour!