South Coast of Iceland to Vík
Discover the essence of Iceland in a Land Rover Defender (for up to 7 people): volcanic peaks covered by glaciers, black sand beach, picturesque waterfalls, and vivid puffin colonies – all in one tour.
Activities on this tour:
- Stop at Seljalandsfoss and walk behind the waterfall
- Walk close to Skógafoss waterfall
- Drive up to Sólheimajökull glacier
- Walk up to Dyrhólaey promontory for bird watching (puffins)
- Walk along Reynisfjara black sand beach
- Visit the town of Vík
This tour lets you explore the gems of one of the most appealing parts of the country, southern Iceland. Take a walk on the black sand beach at Reynisfjara, sneak a peek at how the world looks like from behind Seljalandsfoss waterfall.
You have a chance to visit some of the country's most spectacular waterfalls. Seljalandsfoss tumbles over rocky scarp into a pool, leaving some room between the water and the wall, for the stirring walks behind the waterfall. Impressive Skógafoss might be admired from the bottom or you can take steep stairs up the mountain for a better view from above.
Dyrhólahey dramatically rises above the Vík neighborhood revealing the beautiful overlook of the coast. Puffins are keen on nesting in its bluff cliffs in summer time. Just around the corner, there is Reynisfjara with its impressive black sandy beach. It is backed by Reynisdrangar, basalt sea stacks emerging from the sea.
Charming little village of Vík has recently developed into an important local centre and service provider in the South. It is worth a stop for a famous pylsa (Incl. hot-dog).
* This tour is also available with a private guide. Please send us a message through the question form if you would like to request a private guide with your booking.
What's included in the South Coast of Iceland to Vík tour?
Included in this tour
- Pickup & return from hotel in Reykjavík area (8:00 - 18:00)
- Land Rover Defender with unlimited mileage & CDW insurance
- WiFi connectivity in the car
- Map of Iceland and detailed itinerary of your tour
- Pamphlet about driving in Iceland
- Optional meeting with travel consultant
- 24 hour emergency service
- Taxes & service fees
Not included in this tour
- Gasoline / Diesel
- Personal Travel Insurances
- Additional activities
- Meals or drinks
- Entrance fees unless otherwise stated
- Parking and road tunnel fees
- Any services not listed under list of included items
Explore the South Coast of Iceland to Vík tour day-by-day
Reykjavík - Vík - Reykjavík
Your first destination of today is spectacular Seljalandsfoss waterfall. It tumbles over rocky scarp into a pool, leaving some room between the water and the wall, for the stirring walks behind the waterfall. Afterwards you head further towards the East. Soon you spot 62-m high Skógafoss waterfall that is usually shrouded in mist and rainbows. Next, you visit Sólheimajökull, one of the outlet glaciers of Mýrdalsjökull ice cap. It is famous for glacier walks due to its easy access. However, every year you need to drive a little further due to a fast retreating of the glacier. Shortly before Vík you can turn up the hill to Dyrhólaey. It dramatically rises above the Vík neighborhood revealing the beautiful overlook of the coast. Puffins are keen on nesting in its bluff cliffs in summer time. After that drive back down the hill to Reynisfjara with its impressive black sandy beach backed by Reynisdrangar, basalt sea stacks emerging from the sea. You visit a little charming community of Vík before heading back to Reykjavík.
Driving distance is +- 359km.
Book the South Coast of Iceland to Vík tour
1. Choose a departure date2. Book your day tour!