Explore Iceland’s most popular attractions, in a Land Rover Defender (for up to 7 people), incl. Þingvellir National Park, gushing Geysir and Gullfoss waterfall enclosed in so-called Golden Circle.
Activities on this tour:
- Walk around the hot springs and geothermal area of Geysir
- Visit the waterfall of Gullfoss
- Walk around Þingvellir National Park and UNESCO world heritage site
- Drive through or stop at Hveragerði, the town of green houses
The famous Golden Circle is located relatively close to Reykjavík, and is a definite must-do when you travel to Iceland. It takes in three major attractions: Þingvellir National Park, Geysir and Gullfoss.
Þingvellir National Park is a UNESCO site and a place of Icelandic Parliament foundation in AD 930. Þingvellir is also located in a rift valley that marks the crest of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge caused by the North American and the Eurasian tectonic plates separation. You have a chance to walk in the picturesque surroundings along the part of it, called Almannagja gorge. Geysir, the famous hot spring, has given the name to hot springs all over the world. Geysir had been remaining inactive for years now, but its neighbour Strokkur gushes regularly up to the air. In close distance from Geysir, there is a massive waterfall called Gullfoss, “The Golden Fall”. It is spectacular double cascade waterfall, usually shrouded in mist and rainbows.
The Golden Circle looks marvelous in all the seasons!
* This tour is also available with a private guide. Please send us a message through the question form if you would like to request a private guide with your booking.
What's included in the Golden Circle tour?
Included in this tour
- Pickup & return from hotel in Reykjavík area (8:00 - 18:00)
- Land Rover Defender with unlimited mileage & CDW insurance
- WiFi connectivity in the car
- Map of Iceland and detailed itinerary of your tour
- Pamphlet about driving in Iceland
- Optional meeting with travel consultant
- 24 hour emergency service
- Taxes & service fees
Not included in this tour
- Gasoline / Diesel
- Personal Travel Insurances
- Additional activities
- Meals or drinks
- Entrance fees unless otherwise stated
- Parking and road tunnel fees
- Any services not listed under list of included items
Explore the Golden Circle tour day-by-day
You pick up your car in Reykjavík and drive a short distance to Þingvellir National Park. It is a UNESCO site where the Vikings established world's first democratic parliament in AD 930. Þingvellir is also located in a rift valley that marks the crest of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge caused by the North American and the Eurasian tectonic plates separation. You have a chance to walk along the part of it, called Almannagja gorge. Next you drive via Laugarvatn where geothermal bath Fontana Spa is, up to Geysir. It is the famous hot spring that has given name to hot springs all over the world. Geysir had been remaining inactive for years now, but its neighbour Strokkur gushes regularly up to the air. In only 10-min driving distance there is Gullfoss, or “The Golden Fall”, spectacular double cascade waterfall.
Driving distance is +- 240km.
Book the Golden Circle tour
1. Choose a departure date2. Book your day tour!